Proposal to Stop Token Unlocks for 6 months

As everybody might have already observed. The Truf token price is taking a nose dive almost every other day. One of the primary reasons for this seems to be high inflation of Truf Token supply.

Almost 500k+ tokens are getting unlocked and coming into circulation every day.

I propose to end this inflation momentarily until the end of this year. This will stop the inflation of token and helps in token price appreciation.

Recently some other projects, notably $WLD and $SAGA held similar proposals and reduced their token unlock which has helped them in marketing and token price appreciation.

To the market observers, the current bull market may last for 6-12 months and if inflation is reduced by holding a vote of governance and performed even minor marketing, Truf has the potential to go beyond a billion marketcap. Its a no brainer.

A lot more advantages can be mentioned, but without making this post long, I hereby request the Truflation team to start implementing measures to stop token supply inflation.

Thank you.

3 Likes
  1. These unlocks are a dirty part of every new token. Without VCs there wouldn’t be adequate capital to start up Truflation. I get it’s frustrating seeing negative PA but look at all the team has done in the last months. From countless networking events, to developing on things like staking, and rolling out new indexs.
  2. The very investors you are talking about cutting off are the ones we want the listings from. Coinbase is one of our investors that reaps the rewards of these unlocks.
  3. These smart contracts are already deployed, it sets a bad precedent to tamper with such things. And IMO it goes against our mission of immutable data.
    These are just my opinions though and understand your frustrations. Unfortunately now that we have a token, we are succumb to market movements.
2 Likes

Like this suggestion, however we are within the whole token emission schedule and have the unlocks and emission schedule governed by smart contracts.

Our investors are largely community and syndicate holders and we actually have very few VC’s. Our belief is that if investors want to get out it’s better to get them out and away from the project early in the project.

Should we get a more likes to this we can put this up to vote for ve token holders.

1 Like